Police Burgh of Leslie
Leslie was (as Leslie green) created a Burgh of Barony in favour of George Leslie, 1st Earl of Rothes, in 1457-58.
It became a Police Burgh in 1865.The arms are to some extent a conventionalising of the device on the Burgh seal in use in 1929.
The Leslie blue and silver colours are used and the Leslie arms are shown in the base.
The two garbs are for the agricultural and manufacturing industries (especially flax spinning) of the town.
The demi -griffin crest and the motto ar e those of the Leslie Earls of Rothes who were closely associated with the town until after the 1914-18 war.