Parish of Kinglassie

KINGLASSIE, a parish, in the district of Kirkcaldy, county of Fife; 7 miles (N. W.) from Kirkcaldy. The name of this place is supposed to have been derived from a Gaelic term signifying marshy or grey land, from the ancient appearance of the surface; and near the village there is still some portion of land which retains that character. The church, an ancient edifice, was, with the exception of the eastern gable and part of the side walls, rebuilt in 1773, and adapted for a congregation of 346 persons.

Records Available 

Back to Fife Parish Map