Mossgreen, a village in the N of Dalgety parish, SW Fife, near the larger village of Crossgates. A public school, built in 1876 at a cost of £1900, is a handsome Gothic edifice, with accommodation for 220 children; and an Established church, built as a chapel of ease at a cost of £600, and raised to quoad sacra status in 1879, contains 500 sittings. The quoad sacra parish, with an endowment of £100, is in the presbytery of Dunfermline and the synod of Fife, and had a pop. (1881) of 1609, of whom 847 were in Dalgety, 728 in Aberdour, and 34 in Inverkeithing.—Ord. Sur., sh. 40, 1867. Moss House.
There are no images in this gallery.