The village of Lassodie was situated close to Loch Fitty in the parish of Beath in Fife. The village grew up around the mining industry and by 1901 had a population of over 1400. The village consisted of 3 separate hamlets – Old Rows, New Rows and Fairfield. There was a post-office and Co-op at New Rows and a Co-op at Fairfield. The school and the United Free Church (St Ninians) were also situated at New Rows. The main coal company offices were situated at Old Rows. By 1931 the mines had closed and many miners were given notice to quit their homes.
from Scottish Mining Website
There are no images in this gallery.