Cardenden is a Scottish town located on the South bank of the River Ore in the parish of Auchterderran, Fife.
It is approximately 4 miles (6.4 km) North-West of Kirkcaldy. Cardenden was named in 1848 by the Edinburgh and Northern Railway for its new railway station. A former mining town, Cardenden had a reported population of 448 in 1891 that had increased to 2992 as of 2009.
Areas of Cardenden include Auchterderran, Bowhill, Dundonald, the Jamphlars, New Carden and Woodend.
[Best_Wordpress_Gallery id=”21″ gal_title=”Cardenden”]